FOLLOWING IMCA GUIDELINES C005
ABEL ROV PILOT TECH II COURSE
- Max 5 student per class
- Advanced electronic
- Fault Finding
- Minimum 12 flying hours
- € 5500 incl. VAT
2 weeks Face to face
ABEL ROV Pilot Tech 2
€ 5500 incl. VAT
ABOUT THE COURSE
ABEL ROV Pilot / Tech 2: Advanced Training Aligned with IMCA Guidelines C005
Embark on a comprehensive and practical learning journey with the ABEL ROV Pilot / Tech 2 course. This advanced program is meticulously structured in alignment with the IMCA guidelines C005, ensuring a robust and industry-relevant curriculum for aspiring ROV professionals.
The ABEL ROV Pilot / Tech 2 course is specifically designed for individuals who have completed the IMCA ROV Introductory course and are keen on further advancing their skills and knowledge in this field. This course is ideal for those aspiring to elevate their careers as ROV pilot technicians to a more advanced level.
In line with IMCA C005 – Rov Pilot Tech 2 guide line
Personal skills and communication
(IMCA CODE R/R04/00/01)
(IMCA CODE R/R04/00/02)
(IMCA CODE R/R04/00/03)
(IMCA CODE R/R04/00/04)
(IMCA CODE R/R04/00/05)
Piloting an ROV (Piloting/technical)
Safe operating techniques
(IMCA CODE R/R04/00/06)
(IMCA CODE R/R04/00/07)
(IMCA CODE R/R04/00/08)
(IMCA CODE R/R04/00/09)
(IMCA CODE R/R04/00/10)
(IMCA CODE R/R04/00/11)
- The electronics training covers a broad range, from basic fundamentals to advanced topics such as understanding electronic components, schematic reading, and ROV architecture.
- A crucial element of the course is the fault-finding module, where students engage in simulated real fault scenarios. This includes dealing with issues such as low insulation, thruster problems, and communication losses, providing a realistic context for troubleshooting.
- Additional workshop activities include soldering, cable/Tether retermination, and working with various electrical testing equipment. These skills are vital for on-site ROV maintenance, enabling quick problem resolution and effective maintenance practices.
- Students will complete a minimum of 12 flying hours in a simulated offshore environment using the Seaeye Falcon ROV. These hours are geared towards practical tasks that mirror actual offshore operations, such as cable/pipeline inspection, general and close visual inspections (GVI and CVI), sonar usage, and handling of single-function manipulators.
The simulated training in Open-sea environment closely replicates offshore subsea operations, ensuring students gain practical experience in handling typical and critical offshore ROV operational challenges.
This training program, especially the fault-finding module with real-life simulated scenarios, aligns with the IMCA C005 guidelines.
Following this course ensures that students are not only well-versed in the technical aspects of ROV operation but also skilled in diagnosing and resolving common and complex issues they may encounter in their role as Pilot Tech 2.
Written multichoice tests.
At least 75% of the questions have to be answered correctly to pass the exam
If you pass the exam at the end of the course you will obtain the following certificate:
• ABEL ROV Pilot/Tech II Certificate
The certificate is issued by ABEL ROV TRAINING on behalf of the International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA), a globally respected organization within the marine contracting industry.
Holding this certificate signifies that the individual has met the necessary standards and competencies required for the Pilot/Tech 2 position within the ROV sector.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
In the cost of the course is included
- Access to all the theoretical and practical session
- Course Materials (course manual and study materials)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) except Safety Shoes
- Certification and evaluation cost including ABEL ROV Pilot Tech 2 Certificate
- Lunch in the course days
- Support services (Career guidance, support services, administrative and logistical support during the course)
Travel, accommodation, and daily subsistence costs are usually not included in the course fee, unless explicitly stated
From Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:00
The cost for the ABEL ROV Pilot/Tech II Training course is € 5500 including VAT.